Friday, February 20, 2009

St. Thomas and Mexico!!

Well some exciting news in my world...

I have officially been hired for a destination wedding in St. Thomas!

http://njbrideau.com/images/st-thomas.jpg

I am extremely excited as you can imagine :) I've been there before, but only on a cruise ship stop - so it will be nice to have a few more days to check out the beautiful island! The wedding is only July 4th. I am flying in with the videographer on July 2nd, and we are going to stay until the 6th so we have an extra day with no wedding activities. This will be a great opportunity for me photographically. I really can't wait to get the bride and groom on the beach!! We will have a blast.

In OTHER news, Paul and I finally bit the bullet (thank you Uncle Sam) and planned a vacation! It's been too long as far as I'm concerned anyway... the last time we went somewhere outside of Greensboro or Maine, was in April '07. A LOT has happened since then and it will be nice to get away for a week. The best part is we are leaving in less than two weeks - March 5th!!

Here I come amazingly warm weather, beautiful beaches, and fantastic Mayan Ruins!! We will be staying in Tulum, which is about an hour south of Cancun, and is where a lot of ruins are. Less touristy than Cancun with the same amazing beaches!

http://www.differentworld.com/mexico/areas/caribbean-coast/tulum/pic1.jpg

Well, I just wanted to share what's been going on! It's been a while since I had posted, but there is definitely more to come... including the rice & bean dinners I will be coordinating during the Lent season inspired by Angela Austin's blog. :)


1 comment:

*Austin Mommy* said...

CONGRATS on the gig! Wow, that is very big for your career! And, I hope you're enjoying your time in Mexico - you're quite the little traveler, huh?! Also, I am super curious to hear about the rice and bean dinners...do tell, do tell. For us it never went any further (yet) than the initial family dinner time, so I am anxious to hear your story. Well, I'm glad you have lots to smile about these days!! :)